22.8.06

Empty Houses

And I mean REALLY empty houses.
Like, without anything in them.

They freak me out.
And guess what I'm in right now?
That's right! And empty house.
Well, I guess it's not entirely empty, just four rooms all next to each other are empty. All the stuff is in our kitchen, family room, or garage. (Sitting at this computer is quite challenging. First I had to dig out a path to the actual computer, then I had to excavate the chair)
Walking around
is crazy.
We have a chandelier type light hanging in our dining room, above where the table would be.
Now that there's nothing there, I can walk right up to it and realize that I'm taller than it is, so unless I want a chandelier in my eye I have to duck.
Then, last night, when I was setting the alarm, I realized how much the sound travels in there. I had typed in one of the six digits when I stopped because there was this sound that I did't immediately place --the alarm system at our front door chirping as I typed them in at our back door. Even just touching the doorknob at our front door makes an amazingly loud sound that just echoes around three corners and back at me.
It's crazy, scary, and quite cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home