26.4.07

Kids are awesome.

Earlier this week I went to La Casita to volunteer like I tend to do. This particular day I was all dressed up for my Spanish Honor Society Induction --heels, a skirt, perfume lotion, the like. I walk into the trailer and see that all the kids are reading. I sit down with two boys who are reading. Within a few minutes I hear "Who wants to go outside?" and the boys put their books away and everyone lines up. Standing in line, one of the girls grabs my hand and asks "Will you play with me?" On the way to the playground I tell her "What are we going to play? I can't get dirty today; I have a fancy ceremony to go to tonight." The boy walking with us piped up "Why? Are you getting married?"
It was hilarious.
So then the three of us play tag. I stayed on base the whole time. Then two swings freed up and I pushed the two of them. Well the girl got tired of that and for whatever reason she was smelling my arm. "You smell like flowers."
Supposedly my three bracelets smell like flowers too.
I really love La Casita.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when i have kids and i dont want them anymore, im going to give them to you.
: )
joy will be a good mommy.

27.4.07  
Blogger joy said...

Oh yeah.
And my kids will envy my letter sweater.

28.4.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home