25.1.09

Damn it, I'm stuck.

"I been caught in between all I wish for and all I need"
--In the Sun, Joseph Arthur

This is where I am right now.

I've always planned to do this. To form an OM team in college, go to Worlds and get my medal. Yesterday Tommy asked me about it and it's been eating at me since. It's something I had thought about before, but it won't go away. Do I really want to go through all the work of forming a team, building a semi-decent army and marching to Iowa in the hope of domination? Or do I just want to usurp my way into being a Delaware judge at Worlds? Either way, if the second were to work, I'd get the opportunity to work at Worlds. The first way might get me the medal I've been craving since middle school.

I have no idea if I even want that now. Granted, I want the medal. But I don't know if I want all the work for a medal right now. I have no idea who I could pull together to form a team with, and I have no idea if we would even make it to the top three. Is the view worth the climb?

So many questions. Maybe this is why Ron Raab-Long is taking so long to email me the information. Because I have no idea if I even want to do this.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i could be on your team!
you only need one person in college, technically.
and technically...... i am in college.
=D

25.1.09  
Blogger joy said...

Naw, div four rules are different. Everyone has to have graduated and be enrolled in classes. It's kinda bogus.

25.1.09  

Post a Comment

<< Home