6.9.06

The Final Question --Do I really want him out of my dreams?

A few nights ago I had a crazy night.
A very crazy night.


In my dreams, there were four of the teachers from my school.

All
in the same night.
It's quite normal for me to have teachers in my dreams, since I spend basically all of my time with them, in school and all. But that many in one night? It was, and remains to this day, insane.

The one part I remember the most vividly, of course, featured the infamous "Dr. G." My mom and I were in a Target for some reason, trying to get milk that we had pre-ordered (keep in mind that all of my dreams are abstract. No high ceilings and Target advertisements in this dreamland), and we go around a bend into a freezer section. These freezers were in a "U" shape with another freezer section coming in the middle, kindof like this --]

Pretend you see it, okay?
Thanks.

So, like I was saying, I'm following my mom around the bend into this freezer thing and Dr. G is there, within a foot of me, walking towards the direction I came from. For a split second I didn't recognize him because of the black Seaford wrestling jacket that identified him as "Coach Morris" (Seaford's Cross Country coach) in white stitching. Since this would have been the first time we encountered each other outside of school, I waited for him to acknowledge me.


I waited.

But he never looked at me.


Then I follow my mom around the
--] of the freezer area, and I see another one of these jackets, worn by a woman I assume to be the Doctor's wife. Since I am supposedly Mrs. G's "new hero," I expected him to acknowledge me, for her sake.
As my mom got something out of the freezer, I stood at the edge of the --] and observed Mrs. G take frozen pizzas out of the frosty worlds behind those doors. Without much of a warning at all, Dr. G is standing next to me, wordlessly sliding boxes across my head onto a shelf behind me. Bending my knees slightly, I was low enough to avoid the boxes on my head as I remarked to him "That extra half a foot really helps now, doesn't it?" (It doesn't make much sense at all in the dream context, but I know that this was supposed to be some sort of quoting comeback for me) This warranted a Dr. G smile/smirk.

But he never looked at me.
Which unnerved me a little bit.

Never in the entire dream did he look at me.

The day after this crazy night, I had to pass through the Commons Area during C lunch to get my bus pass, and I, of course, encountered Dr. G. I walked within a foot of him and he didn't look at me.
He just waved.

But he never looked at me.
Which unnerved me a little bit.

5 Comments:

Blogger joy said...

To answer the question --
I don't think so.

9.9.06  
Blogger joy said...

Take it however you want, but there's almost something comforting in them. However freaky they are, the fact that he was in them makes me remember them. And that, my friends, is what I want.
To remember.

9.9.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i
<3
joy's blog.

because how else would i know what's going on in your life?

i wouldn't.

exactly.

i suck at existing.

14.9.06  
Blogger joy said...

We all have our shortcomings.
It's okay.

14.9.06  
Blogger joy said...

He makes me feel.... better.
About life.
He and Mr. Nicoletti can do that pretty well.
And they don't even know it.

Mr. Nic is the dude I can just talk at and give him my shit and he'll just kinda take it.
Dr. G is unexpected and gives me a rush, almost. I never know what he's going to do, so being around him forces me to have an open mind so I can understand what he's talking about, and if I was pissed off or anything, him making me be open-minded takes my attention away from the being pissed-offedness.

Mason definately has some big shoes to fit into.
But that's okay.
We all have our shortcomings.

14.9.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home