13.3.08

Spring sports; senior year. A real bad combination.

This lacrosse season is seriously bumming me out.
First, I find out Ivy is my film assistant. Cool. Whatever.
Then she comes to film a practice with one of the good cameras when the only camera I got last year was this piece of crap thing Mr Conaway let me use. Cool. Whatever.
Then she goes and edits the practice and puts it on a DVD. And she shows up at practice the next day with it and G is thrilled. Not cool. I get pissed. But whatever.
When I talk to Mr Conaway before our first scrimmage to get the camera, he tells me that Ivy has already gotten everything and I need to make sure I'm supposed to be filming. G told me before that I'm filming varsity, Ivy's filming JV. The fact that he also told me before that I was going to be an editor and that never happened really wasn't affecting what I thought.
So then at the game, she films, of freaking course. And she filmed varsity, because both games were at the same time and nobody decided to tell me that so I could get equipment to film.
And at this point I'm just about to punch G in the face and walk out on him. But of course I never will because its G and if I did that to him he would probably cry. So instead I sent him an email asking what I'm supposed to be doing since Ivy is on a roll and there's three other varsity managers that don't do anything ever. But if Mr Conaway were here right now, I would definitely consider punching him. Because he really pisses me off with his stupid discrimination and "groupism" that defines who he is.
At this point I'm just waiting for G to tell me what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. And if he doesn't tell me, then I might just take that varsity letter and be done with him.


Tell you where you need to go
Tell you who you need to be
Tell you what you need to know
Tell you when you’ll need to leave

But everything inside you knows
Says more than what you’ve heard
So much more than empty conversations
Filled with empty words

And you’re on fire
When he’s near you
You’re on fire
When he speaks
You’re on fire
Burning at these mysteries

Give me one more time around
Give me one more chance to see
Give me everything you are
Give me one more chance to be... (near you)

'Cause everything inside looks like
Everything I hate
You are the hope I have for change
You are the only chance I’ll take

When I’m on fire
When you’re near me
I’m on fire
When you speak
And I’m on fire
Burning at these mysteries
These mysteries...

I’m standing on the edge of me
I’m standing on the edge

And I’m on fire
When you’re near you
I’m on fire
When you speak
I’m on fire
Burning at these mysteries...

--On Fire, Switchfoot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home