26.12.07

I don't know if I've ever even heard this song before.

I've just gotten the craving to be a part of something. It probably had something to do with the fact that there was a television commercial on that was showing scenes from a bunch of movies where the heroes are being chased by their enemies who want to kill them and no one else has any idea that its happening and due to the fact that I had just watched an old Audrey Hepburn movie "Charade" and there's a scene like that.

But to be in the middle of something so incredible that it'll change...something. Something significant. Something secret. Something people don't realize the importance of until long after.

I want to do something. I want to change the world. I want to get into politics and change the way our country works. I want to stop the corruption, end the tyranny. Stop the passing out of bribe checks on the House floor. Actually accomplish something and help the people of the United States. Make big businesses not about making money, but about providing services to the consumers. Shouldn't that really be the point?

It makes me want to be President. Surely then I could do something, couldn't I?

I'm your standard W.A.S.P. --White Anglo-Saxon Protestant. After that I draw a blank. How would I actually be able to accomplish my goals? Is the presidency really what I should aim for, or do I need to start at a smaller level, like a state or changing Congress from the inside out, then pursue the White House? Or would coming out of nowhere draw attention to my quest?

At least I have plenty of time to think about it. Since I can't be president until I'm thirty five or something. And if I started to raise money now, I might have enough by then to print a hundred buttons or throw a really pathetic kick-off party for my campaign. Or I could start campaigning now. "Joy for 20-something. Whenever she's old enough."


You should know by now
But I know I need to tell you how
I don't always have the words
So I pray that it's my heart you've heard
I love to hear your heart
Telling of your love
Telling me you'll stay (forever)
I thank you for your touch
And for loving me this much
To say the things I need to hear...

Remember I promised forever
Life brings change
But my promise is the same
And through these years we've been together
Life has made us grow
But through it all I know
No matter what may come
My heart was made for you forever

I need to confess
It's hard to show my weakness
I want so much to show You strength
Without revealing everything
You know what I always say,
"When you're weak, you're strong, to me"
It's another way of loving me
'Cause when I see your heart,
I get carried through
The reasons why I fell in love with you...

You've dreamed with me
Every dream came true
You've shared with me every emotion
Every tear, every loss, every road that we have crossed
I have always found a home in you...

--Made For You, Watermark

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would totally wear a button :)

totally totally

6.1.08  

Post a Comment

<< Home